Artists are invited to submit entries in the 6th Biennial Sculpture in the Valley.
Entries are open to Indoor and Outdoor Sculptures with a maximum 2 entries per category. Entry fee is $30 for each sculpture entry.
- $12,000 First prize outdoor sculpture
- $7,000 First prize indoor sculpture
- $3,000 People’s Choice outdoor sculpture
- $3,000 People’s Choice indoor sculpture
You will need to create an account to submit an entry online.
Entries close March 27, 2017.
Online entries are paid via Paypal using your credit card or a Paypal account.
Please complete and return your application together with the entry fee.
Entries close March 24, 2017.
Judging Panel 2017
- Multi-skilled award winning contemporary artist
- Public sculpture artist
- Exhibition Manager and Deputy Director, Cairns Regional Gallery
- 2013 Winner, Western Australian Indigenous Art Award, Art Gallery WA Represented in -National and State Galleries and Museums
- Turpin+Crawford Studio, award winning Sydney based art practice
- Site-specific artist working in public art planning and curatorial projects, community and environmental projects
- Public artworks completed for private companies, hospitals, local, state and federal government authorities
- curator, art consultant who actively supports NFP philanthropic spheres
- Trustee of the Australian Museum Foundation, Member of UNSW Art & Design Advisory Council, past Chair and Director of the Australian Art Events Foundation ( Art Month),
- 2015 Venice Biennale Champion, past Director Glenorchy Art and Sculpture Park (GASP), Advisory Board Member of the Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize.
|Mar 24||Entry forms, fees and photograph to be submitted|
|Apr 29||12 noon - 4:00pm||Installation of work accepted for exhibitions|
|Apr 30||10:00am - 4:00pm||Installation of work accepted for exhibitions|
|May 6||11:00am||Official Opening|
|May 6||10:00am - 4:00pm||Exhibition Hours|
|May 7||10:00am - 4:00pm||Exhibition Hours|
|May 7||4:00pm - 6:00pm||Artists to remove artwork for the site|
|May 8||10:00am - 4:00pm||Artists to remove artwork for the site|
|May 9||10:00am - 4:00pm||Artists to remove artwork for the site|
Terms & Conditions
- Delivery and collection of the artwork(s) is the artist’s responsibility.
- Every entry MUST be accompanied by a photograph of the work (or work in progress). Entries without a photograph will not be accepted. Photo format JPEG file.
- Artists exhibit at their own risk. The exhibition does not have an accidental and malicious damage insurance policy to cover the sculptures. All risk in the exhibition of sculptures remains with the artist at all times.
- All outdoor sculptures must be all-weather.
- If works require plinths these must be supplied.
- If assistance is required to install/assemble the work on site, you must bring your own assistant(s).
- If sculptures require earth to be removed or provision of power this must be discussed beforehand.
- All sculptures must be available for sale and a 25% commission will be retained by Sculpture in the Valley.
- The artist gives permission for images of artworks to be used (in part or in whole) to promote Sculpture in the Valley and therefore waives copyright.
- Prizes awarded and judges’ decision is final.
- Entry fee is non-refundable.
- Late or incomplete works will not be accepted.
- Sculpture in the Valley reserves the right to extend the exhibition by one week if the weather is inclement.
Installation, De-installation & Maintenance
- Installation will take place 29 -30 April 2017, one week before the exhibition.
- The artist is responsible for installing and de-installing the sculpture. Please bring your own tools.
- Assistance from Sculpture in the Valley site manager will include discussing the means of installation and the best access to the site from the nearest drop off point, together with the site crew to help with the installation.
- It is a condition of entry that the artist provides a photo of the completed sculpture.